Michigan Slip-And-Fall Lawyer
Slip and fall accidents have become one of the main health and safety risks in our community and the most expensive occupational health and safety cost for businesses and industries. Many of the causes of slip-and-fall accidents, include defective walkways and parking lots, foreign substances on the floor, tools or objects left in aisles, icy sidewalks and parking lots, and defective handrails on stairways.
The total annual cost of all slip and fall injuries in the United States exceeds $60 billion.
According to the National Safety Council:
- Over 9 million disabling slip/fall injuries occur per year.
- 25 thousand injuries per day/175,000 per week.
- Expenses from these injuries amount to 3.5 million per hour every day of the year.
- This is a one hundred billion dollar problem each year.
- The average cost per slip/fall accident was $20,228.00.
- Resulting in 95 million lost workdays.
In a survey taken by the Bureau of Labor Statistics:
- Slip/fall accidents are the most common work-related injury.
- 35% of all work-related accidents are classified as falls.
- Slip/fall injuries represent over 65% of all workdays lost.
- The average number of workdays an employee is off the job is 38 per accident.
The National Floor Safety Institute found that each year, more than 3 million food service employees and 1 million guests are injured as the result of a slip-and-fall accidents. It is estimated that the foodservice industry spends more than $2 billion each year for such injuries and this figure is rising by 10% every year. If you are injured in a slip and fall accident you should seek a Michigan slip and fall attorney that can help you collect compensation for your injuries. This is an enormous problem that can lead to many health issues down the line, including broken bones, head injuries, internal injuries or debilitating pain that could affect you for many years to come if not for the rest of your life.
Contact Law Offices of Christopher Trainor & Associates at 248-886-8650 to know more.