Michigan False Arrest Lawyer
False arrest can happen to anyone at any time. All it takes is for you to be at the wrong place and at the wrong time, and you could be facing a multitude of false charges. Whether by confusion, retaliation, deceit, or misinformation, a false arrest charge can ruin your life if brought against you. It can bring undue hardship on you and your family for what might seem like a never-ending process of humiliation and frustration. Don’t ever expect or hope that such a violation will be resolved by the aggravating party or department. Take the matter to an experienced Michigan false arrest attorney who knows how to handle false arrest cases.
The Michigan false arrest lawyers at the Michigan Legal Center can assess the details of your case, explain your legal options and pursue legal action on your behalf. Your civil rights are not to be tampered with, and when they are, we’re here to ensure that the liable party is held responsible. Don’t make the mistake of assuming that no one is on your side. Get in touch with a Michigan false arrest lawyer as soon as possible who can start building your case today.
What Is A False Arrest?
False arrest: Where a person is held in custody without probable cause or an order issued by a court of competent jurisdiction. Although it is possible to sue law enforcement officials for false arrest, the defendants in such cases are often private security firms. False arrests often occur without any repercussions as individuals tend to be unaware of their rights when confronted with a law enforcement officer. Your rights during an arrest include the following:
- The arresting officer must inform you what you’re being arrested for.
- If the arrest is as a result of a warrant, the officer must notify you of the warrant for your arrest.
- The officer must show you the warrant if you ask to see it.
- The officer must inform you that you’re being placed under arrest during the arrest.
- The warrant your arrested for is based upon false information.
The civil rights lawyers at Law Offices of Christopher Trainor & Associates can help you receive compensation for these things and more.
How A False Arrest Affects You
Being falsely arrested is harmful to your reputation and could have real-world consequences if you’re convicted of a crime. If you doubt how a false arrest charge can adversely affect you and your family, just imagine how any of these losses would affect you:
- Right to vote
- Loss of your job
- Custody of your children
- The privilege to own or sell guns
- Any job that requires a background check
- Any job for the government
- State occupational license
- Ruining your credit
Luckily, knowledgeable lawyers are standing by ready and willing to protect your rights.
Aggressive Michigan False Arrest Lawyers
Although your civil rights are evident, that does not stop officers from stepping outside of the law while carrying out work duties. Some common reasons behind false arrest case in Michigan include:
- Asking for an officer’s badge number
- Racial profiling
- Threatening to report an officer for their conduct
- Being accused of possessing drugs that weren’t in your possession
The Michigan false arrest lawyers at the Law Offices of Christopher Trainor & Associates are here to protect your rights at all costs. Contact us today at 248-886-8650 for a free case evaluation.