Your Michigan DUI defense attorney will need to obtain information from you regarding your arrest. However, he or she may start by asking you to describe your overall state of health at the time of the arrest. Here are some questions you’ll need to be ready to answer in that regard:
- Do you have any disabilities?
- Were you dieting when arrested?
- Have you ever suffered any kind of head injury?
- Have you been diagnosed with GERD, heartburn or COPD?
- Do you have any balance or inner ear problems?
- Had you just taken any medicine?
What Do You Recall About Your Arresting Officers’ Actions?
- How many officers were involved in your arrest?
- Were you read your Miranda rights? When?
- Did they videotape your arrest?
- Were you handcuffed? When?
- Did the officers search your car? Did they find anything?
- Did you post bond after your arrest?
- Were you asked if you had any prior DUIs?
Administration of the Breath Test
- Were you asked to take the test on more than one machine? Why?
- How many breath samples were taken from you?
- Was it difficult for you to provide a breath sample? Why?
- Did the person running the test interrupt your breathing pattern at any time?
- Were you told by the operator to hold your breath for any time period prior to blowing into the machine?
If you need help, call Michigan DUI defense attorney Chris Trainor for a free evaluation of your case.