A good Michigan DUI attorney will take the time to educate you in the relevant areas of DUI law. He will make sure you understand the DUI charges against you, as well as the possible implications and penalties related to those charges. The more you know about the charges against you, as well as the legal process of dealing with them, the better your chances are in avoiding a DUI conviction.
What You Need To Know About the DUI Process
Should you choose to acquire legal representation, here is a list of important items your Michigan DUI attorney will explain to you:
- The DUI elements the prosecution needs to prove beyond a reasonable doubt in order to successfully convict you of the charges.
- The ramifications of a DUI conviction, plea negotiation, or other possible alternative sentencing that may be available in your particular situation.
- Negative consequences of a DUI conviction, including:
- Civil liability to pay damages for injuries, if you were involved in an accident;
- The maximum and minimum penalties you will be subject to if you are convicted on the DUI charges against you;
- A possibility of an increase in your insurance premiums if you are convicted;
- The social ramifications of a DUI conviction;
- Civil and criminal penalties you will need to pay;
- Attorney’s fees associated with a DUI trial; and/or
- Suspension and/or revocation of your driving privileges.
- All the defenses available, given the specific facts of your situation.
- Attorney’s fees and all other costs related to the litigation of your DUI charge.
Your Michigan DUI attorney will not only provide you with more details as your DUI case progresses, but help you with every obstacle along the way.
Contact Us for More Information
If you have been charged with a DUI, you need to hire an experienced Michigan DUI attorney to protect your legal rights and put together a strong defense on your behalf. If you need legal representation, you can schedule a complimentary consultation with a Michigan DUI attorney by calling the Law Offices of Christopher Trainor & Associates at 800-961-8477.