Jackson, MI (December 27, 2021) – Highway patrol officers and first responders were called to the scene of a vehicle collision on Monday, December 27 on M-60 in Jackson. Reports show that an unspecified number of vehicles collided in the area, resulting in the injury of at least one individual.
Sources said that, at about 5:00 p.m, all lanes were blocked off near Emerson Road as police officers and emergency responders rendered aid to victims on-site and worked to secure the crash scene.
At least one person was injured in the crash. No information has been released on the contributing factors of the incident or the current conditions of those involved.
Our thoughts are with the injured victims and their family members at this time. We hope for their full recovery.
Vehicle Collisions in Michigan
The state of Michigan has millions of registered vehicles traveling their roadways at any given time. This means that auto accidents are inevitable, happening every single day. On average, the state sees more than 300,000 vehicle crashes per year that cause injuries to tens of thousands of people.
Have you or someone you love recently been injured in an auto accident in Michigan that was caused by another driver? If so, you may find it hard to get the financial compensation you are entitled to from the driver at fault, or from the insurance companies. You need experienced and dedicated legal representation from a Michigan personal injury lawyer who will fight to secure the compensation you deserve to get back on your feet and fully recover.
Jackson Car Crash Attorneys
If you or someone you love has recently sustained injuries in a car wreck in Monroe County or another location in Michigan, protecting your rights is important. Taking these steps after your crash will ensure that your legal rights are protected and can help strengthen your legal argument if you choose to file a car accident claim with a car crash attorney in Monroe County.
- Call the Police or 911. In the case that serious injuries have been suffered in the wreck, emergency medical assistance is necessary. If no one was injured, contact your local police department so they can write an accident report. A report may detail who, if anyone, was found to be at fault for the wreck.
- Write down contact/insurance information from other drivers. This way, you’ll know who to contact in the event that you wish to file a claim for financial compensation.
- Take pictures or videos of the scene. Photos should show the vehicles in the position at the time of the crash. Any damage to your vehicle, skid marks, traffic signs/controls at the scene, road conditions, etc.
- Call your insurance company. Even if you were not to blame, informing your insurance company will enable you to receive coverage under your own policy. You may have personal injury protection or uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
- Always follow up with your medical provider. Even if you don’t feel hurt or any other injury symptoms, a doctor may find injuries you didn’t notice. Identifying your injuries as soon as possible after your accident allows for a stronger personal injury claim when seeking financial compensation.
- Speak to a Jackson personal injury attorney about your legal rights and options. An auto accident lawyer will be able to help you understand the claims process and will thoroughly investigate the circumstances of your wreck in order to build a successful legal strategy for financial compensation.
Contact the Michigan Legal Center for more information on how to successfully file a claim for financial compensation for your injuries and losses if you have recently been injured by another person’s negligence. You can reach us at (248) 886-8650 to learn about legal options available to you.
Note: Our firm utilized outside sources when creating this post. We have not independently verified the facts regarding this accident. If you find information that is incorrect, contact Christopher Trainor & Associates immediately so that we correct the post to reflect the most accurate information available about the accident. This post can be removed upon request.
Disclaimer: This information provided in this post is not intended to be legal or medical advice. The photograph used in this post was not taken at the actual accident scene. This post is not a solicitation for business.