Detroit, MI (September 9, 2023) – On Saturday evening, September 9, the driver of a passenger vehicle and a motorcyclist collided in the greater Detroit region, sending at least one person to a local hospital.
Deputies with the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office reported that the incident occurred near the intersection of Highway 26 and Van Dyke Avenue just before 10:00 p.m.
The circumstances and specific details of the events leading up to the accident are still unknown, but a number of paramedics and local officers were spotted at the scene by witnesses. At least one person was evaluated for injuries and transferred to an area medical center, though their current condition is unknown.
Officers are continuing to investigate the circumstances surrounding the crash and have not provided further details in the interim.
Our thoughts are extended to the injured victims and their families. We hope for their full recovery.
Motorcycle Accidents in Detroit
Beautiful scenery can be enjoyed all around the Great Lakes State, and riding a motorcycle along Michigan’s 3,288 miles of coastline is a popular pastime for many. Unfortunately, the frequency of motorcycle accidents is all too high across our state. In fact, there were 2,722 motorcycle-related traffic accidents in Michigan in a single year, as reported by the state’s Office of Highway Safety Planning (OHSP).
Wearing a helmet with a face shield or protective eyewear at all times and being aware of your surroundings are two of the best ways for Michigan motorcyclists to stay safe and reduce their risk of major crash-related injuries. Tragically, these accidents still occur regardless, particularly because motorcyclists are much more vulnerable than drivers.
If you’ve been hurt in a Michigan motorcycle crash, a qualified personal injury lawyer can help safeguard your rights:
- Your attorney will send a demand letter to the insurance company after the total amount of your damages, medical expenses, and lost income has been calculated.
- Your lawyer will now work for a maximum insurance settlement on your behalf. Adjusters may make a counteroffer if they don’t agree with the proposed settlement amount.
- The next step might be a recommendation to file a lawsuit on your behalf by your personal injury attorney. The insurance company may now increase its settlement offer in an effort to avoid going to court.
- There will likely be more rounds of negotiations between your attorney and the insurance company before a fair settlement is agreed. A third-party mediator may be required to help parties resolve their differences and achieve a compromise.
- During mediation, all parties involved are given the opportunity to speak freely and openly about their positions. During mediation, the insurance company will typically provide its best offer.
At Christopher Trainor & Associates, we provide initial consultations at no cost and tailor our representation to the unique needs of each client. You may be certain that our team will do all in its power to defend your rights and help you through the claims procedure during this trying time. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a motorcycle accident in Detroit, don’t wait to get in touch with an attorney. Get in touch with us at 248-886-8650 immediately to arrange a no-cost first consultation.
Note: Our firm utilized outside sources when creating this post. We have not independently verified the facts regarding this accident. If you find information that is incorrect, contact Christopher Trainor & Associates immediately so that we correct the post to reflect the most accurate information available about the accident. This post can be removed upon request.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this post is not intended to be legal or medical advice. The photograph used in this post was not taken at the actual accident scene. This post is not a solicitation for business.