Personal Injury Lawyers in Michigan
Have you or a loved one been seriously injured in an accident? The Law Office of Christopher Trainor & Associates can help you. Contact us today!
Injuries happen all the time. However, sometimes an injury occurs due to the negligence of someone else. If you sustained injuries due to the reckless, negligent, or careless actions of another individual our experienced and knowledgeable Michigan personal injury attorney can help you obtain the compensation that you need in order to properly recover. No matter what type of accident you were injured in, you need representation to ensure you receive justice.
The Michigan personal injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Christopher Trainor & Associates have decades of experience helping victims across the state hold wrongdoers accountable after being injured in accidents. We are fully committed to providing the most trusted representation imaginable for each client we work with. If you have been injured in an accident, contact our Michigan personal injury law firm today to schedule a free consultation with our team to see how we can help you.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Every year, tens of thousands of people are harmed in various types of accidents across our state. In many instances, these accidents are preventable. However, we continue to see the negative impacts they have on the lives of victims and their families.
If you were injured in an accident, you need the assistance of a skilled and experienced personal injury lawyer in Michigan who can fight to help you get the justice you deserve. Our lawyers at Law Offices of Christopher Trainor & Associates have extensive experience helping people get justice after being involved in various types of accidents, which include but are not limited to:
- Automobile accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Slip and fall
- Accidental injury
- Boating accidents
- Construction site negligence
- Defective machines
- Defective roads and sidewalks
- Dog bites
- Dram Shop and other drunk driving injuries and deaths
- Electrical accidents
- Negligence actions
- Pedestrian accidents
- Snowmobile accidents
- Trip and fall accidents
In just 2005, over 4 million nonfatal injury cases were recorded. Over one million of these cases involved the person taking time off of work, resulting in even further loss. Over 5,000 of these personal injuries resulted in death. In these cases, we help families get justice after losing loved ones in accidents that result in wrongful death.
If you have been injured in an accident, or lost a loved one, as a result of another person’s negligence, contact our personal injury lawyers in Michigan right away. You may have legal options available to help you move forward.
Common Injuries We Help Victims Recover from in Michigan
Numerous people who were involved in accidents across our state are left with serious injuries that require medical care. There are many instances where victims are never able to return to work as a result of their injuries. It is not fair that anyone should have to suffer extensively due to the negligence of another person. If you have been injured in an accident, through no fault of your own, you should reach out to our Michigan personal injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Christopher Trainor & Associates as soon as possible.
We represent people with many different types of injuries. A lot of our clients have been in major accidents and have suffered serious injuries, but we also represent clients with less serious injuries. We have come to know the special physical and emotional problems our clients suffer from as a result of injuries like:
- Artificial hip, artificial knee, and other joint replacement issues
- Avascular necrosis
- Shock injuries
- Electrocution injuries
- Drug reactions
- Head injuries
- Permanent scarring
- Neck and soft tissue injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Compound fractures/broken bones
- Birth trauma
- Blindness and other injuries to the eyes
- Breast cancer, cervical cancer, and other cancers
- Back injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Spinal Cord injury
- Cerebral palsy
- Closed head injuries and traumatic brain injury
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
In addition to physical injuries, we help our clients deal with various mental and emotional injuries as well. Some of the most common types of injuries resulting from personal injury accidents include:
- Loss of life enjoyment of life
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
These injuries can negatively impact your ability to move forward from your accident and recover. You do not have to deal with these overwhelming issues on your own. We will stand by your side every step of the way to ensure your legal rights and best interests are protected.
Our lawyers offer free, no-obligation consultations. We can schedule a meeting at your earliest convenience to discuss your case and the legal options available to help you move forward. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your accident, you may be entitled to compensation that you can use to cover the economic and non-economic damages you face moving forward.
Damages Available for Accident Victims in Michigan
If you have been injured in an accident, chances are that you are dealing with a significant amount of financial burdens. For this reason, it is imperative that you reach out to a Michigan personal injury lawyer right away. You may be entitled to compensation that you can use to cover various expenses you face moving forward.
At the Law Offices of Christopher Trainor & Associates, our personal injury lawyers fight to ensure every client we work with is able to maximize the amount of compensation they recover for the damages they face from their accidents.
Some of the damages our Michigan personal injury lawyers can help you recover full and timely compensation for include:
- Lost wages that you incur from taking time off work to recover and tend to your injuries.
- Lost earning capacity if you are left permanently disabled as a result of your injuries.
- Medical expenses for hospitalization, surgery, and other costs of care.
- Long-term care expenses for therapy, rehabilitation, surgery, medical devices, and medications.
- The costs to repair or replace damaged property.
- Permanent scarring and disfigurements.
- Pain and suffering.
- Mental anguish.
- Loss of consortium.
- The loss of enjoyment of life.
- Punitive damages.
Our lawyers will conduct a thorough investigation surrounding your accident and identify all liable parties. We will pursue legal action on your behalf and demand that negligent parties pay you the full and fair amount of compensation that you are entitled to.
Were You Injured in a Michigan Car Accident?
Automobile accidents in the state of Michigan leave more than 74,000 people injured each year. Some of the most common types of auto accidents we see include:
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- T-bone accidents
- Sideswipe accidents
- Rollover accidents
Many victims involved in crashes are left with serious injuries that require both immediate and long-term care. Should you be harmed in a car accident, our personal injury lawyers in Michigan can help you receive justice. Our legal team will investigate your accident, gather evidence to build a strong case, and aggressively negotiate to hold wrongdoers accountable.
Were You Injured in a Truck Accident?
Commercial vehicle accidents leave countless people in Michigan with life-changing injuries every year. These accidents are often attributed to some form of negligence. Some of the leading causes of truck accidents that we see in Michigan include:
- Drowsy drivers
- Brake failure
- Inclement weather
- Poor road conditions
- Inadequate training
- Reckless driving
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Drifting lanes
- Tire blowouts
- Cargo sifts
Working with the wrong legal team can jeopardize your chances of making a full recovery for your personal injury case. Our lawyers at the Law Offices of Christopher Trainor & Associates have decades of experience and extensive knowledge surrounding truck accidents. We can help you pursue legal action against each party who is liable for your injuries and damages.
Were You Injured as a Result of Medical Malpractice?
Every year, more than 250,000 people in the United States lose their lives as a result of medical errors. We turn to doctors, surgeons, and other medical professionals to help us overcome the injuries and illnesses that we are experiencing. The very last thing we need is to have our health made worse. Some common examples of medical malpractice we see in Michigan include:
- Birth Injuries
- Missed diagnosis
- Failure to treat
- Prescription drug errors
- Medication error
- Failing to recognize symptoms
- Not taking a patient’s medical history
- Not providing adequate follow-up care
- Surgical errors
Acts of medical malpractice leave hundreds of thousands of other victims with severe injuries that require immediate and long-term care. Should you suffer injuries as a result of a negligent medical professional, our personal injury lawyers in Michigan can help you get the justice you deserve.
Injured as a Result of a Workplace Accident
Statistics provided by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics show that more than 88,800 non-fatal workplace accidents and illnesses occur each year in Michigan. These incidents occur at a rate of 3.1 cases per 100 full-time workers. In many instances, victims are harmed in workplace accidents as a result of negligence. Some of the leading types of incidents include:
- Transportation accidents (account for 40% of fatal injuries)
- Violence and other injuries by people or animals (16% of fatal injury accidents)
- Slips, trips, and fall accidents (account for 17% of all fatal injury accidents
- Contact with objects and equipment
These and other types of accidents on the jobs continue to negatively impact the lives of thousands of people across our state. If you are injured while on the job, it is crucial that you reach out to our personal injury lawyers in Michigan as soon as possible. Some of the types of claims our lawyers can help you with include:
Workers’ Compensation claims: The state of Michigan provides workers who are harmed on the job with various benefits to help them throughout their recovery. Our workers’ compensation lawyers will help you receive medical expense coverage, lost earnings, and more.
Third-Party Liability Claims: In addition to workers’ compensation benefits, you may be entitled to compensation for pain and suffering and various other damages you face. Our Michigan personal injury lawyers can help you pursue third-party liability claims against contractors, manufacturers, and various other parties who contributed to your accident.
Do not wait to protect your legal rights. Our lawyers can help you get the compensation and benefits you need and deserve.
Were You Injured in a Premises Liability Accident?
The state of Michigan is home to more than 765,000 small businesses. Although we expect each location to be safe for guests, there are many instances where people are harmed in accidents due to the negligence of property owners. Some of the most common locations where premises liability accidents occur in our state include:
- Parking garages and ramps
- Colleges (dorm rooms, classrooms, etc.)
- Parking lots
- Grocery stores
- Malls/Shopping complex
- Office buildings
- Apartment complexes
There are various types of accidents that can take place at these and other locations across our state. Some of the most common types of premises liability accidents we help victims recover from include:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog attacks
- Pool accidents/drowning
- Burns/fire incidents
- Struck by falling objects
- Violent attacks/assault
- Construction site negligence
- Snow and ice accidents
- Escalator/elevator accidents
If you were injured as a result of a negligent property owner, you must seek the assistance of our skilled premises liability lawyers in Michigan right away. Our team can help you pursue legal action against negligent property owners to recover compensation to help cover the costs you face.
Frequently Asked Questions
As a victim of an accident, you may have various questions surrounding your rights and responsibilities moving forward. Some common questions we get asked include:
Do I have to hire a personal injury lawyer after my accident?
- After being injured in an accident, you are not required to hire a personal injury lawyer to represent you. However, you can benefit greatly by seeking the guidance of a skilled legal team. There are many instances where insurance companies try to take advantage of victims and offer them lowball settlements. A fearless legal team will advocate on your behalf to ensure you recover the maximum amount of compensation available to you. Although you may be worried about the cost of hiring an attorney, it can end up costing you more in the end if you attempt to recover compensation on your own.
How much does an attorney cost?
- Our lawyers never charge anything upfront. During our first meeting, we will discuss the payments for your representation. Generally, we handle personal injury claims on a contingency basis. This allows us to provide you with skilled and fearless representation without the need for any money out-of-pocket. Once we receive a favorable verdict on your case, we will keep a specific percentage of the award.
What happens if a lawyer refuses to take my case?
- A law firm refusing to take your case does not, in itself, mean that you do not have a valid legal claim. Attorneys often refuse to take cases due to their limited resources, lack of experience, and for a variety of other reasons. If your case is denied by an attorney, contact our Michigan personal injury lawyers right away. Our team can help you protect your legal rights and move forward.
Do I have to go to trial for my personal injury case?
- The majority of personal injury claims in Michigan are settled without ever having to go to court. However, there is never a guarantee that you will not have to go to trial. Thankfully, our lawyers will remain by your side every step of the way and we will fight aggressively to ensure you get the outcome you expect for your personal injury case.
If you have any other questions surrounding your personal injury case, or you want to schedule a free consultation, contact our personal injury lawyers in Michigan right away. We are available to meet with you at your earliest convenience.
Consult Reputable Personal Injury Representation
If you or someone you love has experienced a Personal Injury because someone else was being careless, you need to contact a lawyer as soon as possible. Whether the injury only caused a small amount of pain or it was a completely tragic event, you deserve compensation for your suffering. A qualified personal injury attorney can help tremendously.
With decades of practice in Michigan, the Law Offices of Christopher Trainor & Associates have recovered over $200,000,000 in verdicts and settlements for their clients. Contact Law Offices of Christopher Trainor & Associates today to get started with a free case evaluation. We have offices in White Lake, Flint, Kalamazoo, Ann Arbor, Grand Rapids, Southfield, Lansing, and Bay City.