Car Accident Lawyers in Michigan
If you have suffered injuries due to a car crash caused by a negligent driver, contact a car accident attorney at the Law Offices of Christopher Trainor & Associates today.
Car accidents in Michigan leave more than 74,000 people injured every year. These incidents not only result in painful physical injuries, but many victims suffer emotionally and financially as well. It is impossible to be prepared for the aftermath of a car crash. Not only do victims struggle to move forward, but it is often a difficult time for their entire family.
If you are injured in an accident as a result of another driver’s actions, you may have legal options available to help you obtain financial compensation that can make the process of moving forward less stressful. It is crucial that you reach out to a car accident lawyer in Michigan as soon as possible to protect your legal rights.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motor vehicle accident, your choice of a car accident lawyer in Michigan matters greatly. Our team at Law Offices of Christopher Trainor & Associates consistently provides skilled and aggressive representation to each client we work with. Our ultimate goal is to help our clients hold wrongdoers accountable so they are able to maximize the compensation they recover and get the justice they deserve.
If you have been injured in a car accident, contact our car accident lawyers in Michigan as soon as possible to get started on your claim.
Holding Reckless Drivers Accountable
When a driver is responsible for causing a severe accident, they and their insurance provider should also be responsible for the cost of the consequences. Holding the at-fault driver responsible while also obtaining fair compensation through big business is not as easy as it should be, however.
At Law Offices of Christopher Trainor & Associates, we help people throughout Michigan seek justice after someone else’s reckless or negligent behavior injures them. We handle all types of accidents, including truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, bus accidents, car accidents, bicycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, recreational vehicle accidents, and drunk driving accidents. Our team knows how serious a motor vehicle accident can be, and we have the experience to secure the best possible outcome in a personal injury claim.
Common Causes of Motor Vehicle Accidents
We see many people harmed in accidents throughout Michigan that are caused by drivers engaging in negligent actions while operating their vehicles. The term negligence is all-encompassing. Acts of negligence can include but is not limited to, drivers who engage in:
- Driving while impaired: Driving while intoxicated is extremely dangerous. Being impaired by drugs or alcohol can result in delayed reaction times and an inability to maintain control over vehicles. Drivers who are impaired are unable to sufficiently avoid being involved in a crash. Even if a person does not feel as if they are too impaired to drive, even buzzed driving has been shown to negatively impact a driver’s ability to maintain full control over their vehicle.
- Driving while fatigued: Studies have found that driving while fatigued can be just as dangerous as driving while impaired. Drowsy driving is not blatantly illegal. As a result, we see many people attempt to power through feelings of being too tired to operate their vehicles in order to make it to their destination. This is especially common for commercial truck drivers. Driving too tired can result in delayed reaction time and the inability to operate a vehicle. Drivers may also fall asleep while driving, resulting in them going off the road or striking other vehicles.
- Driving recklessly: Drivers engage in reckless behaviors that cause crashes every day in our state. Some actions are viewed as being aggressive, and we see many people run red lights, pass through stop signs, fail to yield the right of way, and speed. These acts are not only illegal, but they are very harmful to other motorists sharing the road.
- Driving while distracted: Driving while distracted has slowly risen to the top causes of traffic-related incidents in Michigan and across the United States. We see far too many people texting and talking on the phone while operating their vehicles. Other distractions include talking to passengers, changing radio stations, and eating. However, anything that takes your attention off the roadway for even a split second can have life-changing consequences.
Other common causes of crashes that we see in our state include:
- Drivers who follow too closely
- Drivers who make improper turns
- Defective auto parts
- Improperly changing lanes or passing other vehicles
- Inexperience behind the wheel
- Inadequate maintenance and servicing of a vehicle
If you have been injured in an accident as a result of these or other acts of negligence, you must seek the assistance of a skilled car accident lawyer in Michigan as soon as possible. Our lawyers at the Law Offices of Christopher Trainor & Associates can help you hold negligent parties accountable for their actions.
Types of Car Accidents We See in Michigan
Given that there are so many different reasons why accidents take place, it is important to understand that there are several types of auto accidents. Some of the most common types of car accidents we see include:
- Intersection crashes
- Highway construction collisions
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Drunk/impaired driving accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Head-on collisions
- Uninsured motorist crashes
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Underinsured motorist accidents
- Sideswipe accidents
- T-Bone crashes (broadside collisions)
No two accidents are completely alike, which is why it is crucial that you seek the assistance of a skilled car accident lawyer in Michigan after your accident. Our lawyers at the Law Offices of Christopher Trainor & Associates can assist you when it comes to protecting your legal rights and getting the compensation you deserve.
How We Help Our Clients
Just because the other driver was responsible for your injuries does not mean that you will get a fair and full compensation payout. Insurance companies often try to get away with offering you a lowball settlement offer. For this reason, it is crucial that you seek legal assistance from a fearless Michigan car accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Our lawyers at Law Offices of Christopher Trainor & Associates provide various services to each client we work with to ensure they are able to get justice. These include:
- Gathering evidence to build the strongest legal case possible. Our team will go to the scene of your crash to take pictures, speak with witnesses, and gather police reports. We are committed to putting together cases on behalf of our clients that prove that they deserve compensation for their damages.
- We will calculate the total amount of damages you suffered as a result of your accident. We will recover various pieces of evidence, including repair statements and medical bills, to determine the economic and non-economic damages you face.
- Our team has the skills necessary to negotiate on your behalf. Once we identify your injuries’ current and future costs, we fight to negotiate for compensation that accurately reflects those costs.
- If we cannot come to a settlement agreement that accurately suits your needs, we are prepared to fight at trial. While negotiating for compensation is often preferable, we are not afraid of seeking verdicts through litigation. If it comes to taking your claim to a courtroom, you can count on us to create a strategy that best represents your unique needs.
Our lawyers will work hard to ensure you are receiving all of the no-fault insurance benefits that you are entitled to. We will investigate the accident and verify all of the insurance information and coverage for those involved in the accident to ensure you are able to make a full recovery.
We will stand by your side every step of the way to ensure your legal rights and best interests are protected. Our team will advocate on your behalf and help you get the medical care that you need for your injuries. You can depend on us to help you get justice and maximize the compensation you receive from those who cause you harm.
Our lawyers at Law Offices of Christopher Trainor & Associates have decades of combined experience helping victims get justice after being harmed in motor vehicle accidents due to the negligence of others. Contact our personal injury lawyers in Michigan to get started on your case.
Common Injuries from Auto Accidents in Michigan
Thousands of people are hospitalized with injuries each year from motor vehicle accidents in the state of Michigan. There are many instances where people suffer injuries that require immediate medical care.
Some of the most common injuries victims of car accidents sustain include:
- Broken bones and compound fractures
- The loss of limbs
- Back injuries
- Burn injuries
- Permanent scarring and disfigurements
- Muscle and nerve damage
- Neck and soft tissue injuries
- Internal organ injuries (lung punctures, kidney damage, ruptured spleen, etc.)
- Spinal cord injuries that lead to paralysis (paraplegia, quadriplegia, etc.)
- Traumatic brain injuries
Unfortunately, numerous people end up passing away as a result of their injuries. If you have been hurt in a car accident, or your loved one has lost their life, it is important that you seek the assistance of a car accident lawyer in Michigan right away. Our team will get to work immediately on helping you to protect your legal rights and get the justice you deserve.
Available Damages for Your Accident
After a motor vehicle accident, you will most likely deal with significant financial hardships. The economic and non-economic impacts of crashes make it very difficult for victims to move forward. For this reason, Our Michigan personal injury lawyers at Law Offices of Christopher Trainor & Associates are committed to helping each person we work with get the maximum amount of compensation available for their claims. Some of the most common damages our team helps victims recover include:
- Compensation for lost wages due to taking time off work to recover
- Lost earnings for victims forced out of work indefinitely as a result of their injuries
- Medical expenses for surgery, hospitalization, and other immediate needs
- Long-term care expenses for medications, medical devices, therapy, and more
- Vehicle repair expenses or replacement costs depending on the extent of damage
- Pain and suffering that is determined by the extent that your injuries impact your life
- Mental anguish and any costs related to dealing with your mental health
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
If you have been injured in a car accident, it is important that you retain the assistance of a knowledgeable legal team who will fight on your behalf to ensure you get the maximum amount of compensation available for your claim.
Frequently Asked Questions
People who are harmed in motor vehicle accidents often have a variety of questions. For this reason, we have put together a mini-guide that we hope can help you get answers to your questions.
How long do I have to file a lawsuit following an accident?
- In Michigan, victims have a period of up to one year from the date of their accident to file a lawsuit with their own insurance company. This can help you recover no-fault benefits for your claim. If you are filing a lawsuit against the at-fault driver for pain and suffering and other damages, you have a period of up to three years from the date of the accident. It is important that you understand that waiting to take legal action can have a negative impact on your ability to have the strongest evidence possible. If you fail to file a claim within the statute of limitations, you will lose the right to pursue legal action to recover compensation.
What type of attorney will help me with a car accident case?
- After a motor vehicle accident, a Michigan car accident lawyer can help you understand how much your personal injury case is worth. Our lawyers will review the circumstances surrounding your accident and build the strongest case possible to prove all the harms and the losses that you were forced to suffer from your accident.
How much does a lawyer cost?
- Our lawyers will never charge you anything upfront. When it comes to personal injury cases, our Michigan car accident lawyers represent victims on a contingency basis. This allows victims to get the justice they deserve without having to pay anything upfront. Once we help you get a favorable verdict, our lawyers will retain a portion of your recoveries. The amount will be discussed with you during our initial consultation so you know what to expect moving forward.
Do I need to hire an attorney after being injured in a crash that was not my fault?
- Although you are never required to retain the legal assistance of a car accident lawyer, it can greatly improve your chances of recovering compensation from at-fault drivers. It is extremely common for insurance companies to deny compensation for victims that truly deserve it. Working with an attorney will help to ensure you are not taken advantage of by these self-serving entities.
How long will it take to get money for my lawsuit?
- There is no way to determine how long your lawsuit will take. Each case is truly unique and there are several factors that can help to determine how long it will take to reach a settlement. These factors can include:
- The type of injuries you suffered in your accident
- The prognosis of your injuries and your current medical needs
- Whether you are left fully or partially disabled from your injuries
- If your injuries prevent you to any extent from living a normal life
If you have questions that we have not answered, or you would simply like to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with our lawyers, contact our law firm today. We are available to meet with you at your earliest convenience to help you get the justice you deserve.
Do Not Take Chances With Your Future
Every year, motor vehicle accidents in Michigan leave thousands of people with injuries. As if dealing with painful injuries was not enough for victims, they are often overwhelmed by towering financial burdens as well. Let us help you fight to secure the funds you need to move forward from your personal injury.
Our Michigan car accident lawyers at Law Offices of Christopher Trainor & Associates truly understand the challenges that our clients are forced to deal with after being injured in accidents. In some instances, victims have to spend months in recovery without a reliable source of income.
Let our team fight to get you the compensation you need and deserve so you can focus on recovering from your injuries without worry. Contact our Michigan car accident attorneys at (248) 886-8650. We serve communities throughout Michigan, including the towns of White Lake, Flint, Kalamazoo, Ann Arbor, Grand Rapids, Southfield, Lansing, and Bay City.